We provide our customers with a wide range of services related to the modelling and simulation of drilling processes. In this way, we want to help our customers to reduce high costs and downtimes for later use in drilling projects through prior realistic and repeatable laboratory tests on newly developed components.
For the identification, control and reduction of technical-economic risks of planned deep geothermal drilling projects, we offer realistic preliminary simulations using newly developed and validated mathematical models. The methodology developed at DSC aims to support institutions involved in the planning and implementation of (medium) deep geothermal projects (project developers, drilling contractors, etc.) in their risk management by applying the latest research results.
Examples of previous projects have been
- CFD Simulation “Gas Trap” (major service company)
- Flow Loop Tests with new Downhole Tool, several phases (service company)
- Feasibility Study “Software Simulator Based Scenario Training” (major oilfield operator)
If required, DSC will not only use internal resources but also partner with other institutes and international organizations.
Projects at the Hardware Simulator can be simple and straightforward or very complex, like investigating dynamic dysfunctions of a bottomhole assembly.
DSC’s Software Simulator is currently being transformed into an engineering simulator. Physical models considered for downhole drilling operations need to grasp the highly complex drilling system as a whole. Further developments require the integration of multiple sub-systems including geology, drilling rig, wellbore, mud system and drillstring.
Our services are among others
- “Scenario Drilling", where critical well sections are drilled in the computer. This can save later on expensive downtime and equipment failure in the field (product sheet).
- Testing and developing customers’ downhole automation control systems. Replacing the “Driller” through an automated system is a development goal of many key industry players.
- “Computational Fluid Dynamics” is a major strength at DSC and can be offered as additional work.